One of the best ways to retain a full or partial denture is through dental implants. Although your denturist cannot place implants, they will design and fit the prosthetics for them, suggest a surgeon to place them and co-ordinate the entire treatment plan. Dental implants are a substitute for tooth roots and form a stable foundation to retain, or even support a denture.
Implants can provide exceptional support for full and partial dentures, since the implants integrate with the bone to act as an anchor for the replacement teeth. Dental implants can also help preserve the bone by providing stimulation that was previously provided by the natural tooth root system. This helps to maintain the integrity of your facial structure.
Benefits of dental implants
- improved oral health, ability to eat, appearance and self-esteem
- increased denture comfort
- increased denture stability
- help prevent bone loss
- resorption (shrinkage) of tissue is reduced
- your mouth is restored to a natural state which allows superior long-term aesthetics, enhancing the beauty of your natural smile and quality of your life